This story first appeared in Globe Rhode Island’s Food & Dining newsletter, a free weekly email about the restaurant industry in Rhode Island. The email also includes information about local events, Q&As with chefs, dining guides, and more. If you would like to receive an email every Thursday, you can sign up here.
See you soon, 2022.
This New Year’s Eve could be the return of the lavish Gilded Age parties in earnest in Newport, or the first time Providence’s clubs and bars will be buzzing with live music since Rhode Island thundered in 2020.
Still, there are a few places to eat on New Year’s Eve night, even if you’re planning on raising your glass at midnight until 2023.
Luxurious Chef’s Tasting Menu and Social Party in Newport
- and right, owner and chef Kevin O’Donnell offers an annual “freestyle” tasting menu for $80 per person. We offer frico, whipped cream, and wagyu beef carpaccio. Main plates include duck agnolotti with foie gras, octopus and ribeye. The meal concludes with pandi he spagna, a light and airy Italian sponge his cake. Seats will be staggered from 4:45pm to 9:15pm. Learn more here or call 401-324-7400.
- Inside the historic mansion vanderbilt In downtown Newport, guests can dine on a four-course dinner menu while listening to live performances by Providence-based musician Cameron and his quartet. First seating is from 5pm to he 8pm and seasonal seating is from 8pm to 10:30pm. The bar janitor builds a vintage glass coupe tower at the bar and pops champagne from 11pm. For more information, please visit here or call 401-846-6200.
- The third year The Chanler at Cliff Walk closes its gates for New Year’s Eve celebrations. What is this year’s theme? “La Dolce Vita” weekend of vintage European elegance. Guests of the mansion can access psychic readings, hone their culinary skills at the Chanler Cooking Workshop, or make mozzarella cheese at an Italian cheese maker. ) serves guests a multi-course meal at community tables, accompanied by Italian-inspired libations and music by the Cresswell Club Quartet. Learn more here or call 401-847-1300.
- Taste 95 years of tradition Hotel Viking culinary team location One Bellevue We will be hosting two different seatings (6pm and 9pm) for an “extravagant chef’s degustation menu with an emphasis on stimulating the senses.” Champagne is served at midnight, but optional wine pairing he $55 per person. Click here for details and reservations.
- and Castle Hill Inn, Chef Andy Taur offers a five-course tasting meal for $165 per person. There are many options. The first course starts with locally sourced oysters, caviar and sunchokes. Second course choices are either scallop crudo with sea urchin and radish or foie gras terrine with cocoa, cider and hazelnuts. For his third course in Taur, you can choose between charcoal-grilled lobster with ginger and chard, or accherello risotto with black truffles and foraged mushrooms. Main course? Wagyu beef ribeye with celery confit or Spanish turbot with truffle emulsion, romanesco and kohlrabi. Seats are available from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM. New Year’s Day brunch is served from 9am to 3pm. Click here for the menu.
- leaf From 6pm to 10pm, the Dave Rausch Quartet plays smooth jazz in the background at Howard Wharf in Newport, serving a four-course dinner menu featuring dishes such as truffle burrata and stuffed baked lobster. It would be held. An outdoor heated igloo is available if booked in advance. Please see here for the detail.
Small bar, speakeasy and cozy lounge with cocktails
- Trevor Kunk appointed as new culinary director Cortland Club At Providence, Beverage Director Laura Granch has put together a prefix menu of small plates paired with petit cocktails. Kunk’s five-course menu includes crispy oysters and creamy beef tartare, shrimp toast, chicken forest mushroom dish, poached duck breast his roast, braised endive, coriander and candied jalapenos. will be A vegan menu is also available. Seats are due at 10pm and tickets are he $95 per person. Other diners not interested in the full prefix menu can grab a special food and drink table from 5pm to 8pm. Reservations can be made online.
- What looks like a lingerie store front in Providence’s Olneyville Square is actually Justin’s, art deco lounge. Grab a classic Manhattan or ask the bartender to create something unique. Open until 2am. Please call 401-454-4440 for reservations.
- Stoneacre Brasserie in Newport opens late on New Year’s Eve with a special champagne toast. For $50, guests can enjoy a dessert and a bottle of cava.
- Walk through the velvet curtains to the back of the Dean Hotel in downtown Providence. The Dean BarAn intimate, dimly lit cocktail lounge complete with classic menu books and greenery. The best part is that there are plenty of corners and seating nooks for people to watch.
- Kurumi’s Room is a narrow bar serving reasonably priced bottles of wine and snacks along South Main Street in Providence. No cover or reservation is usually required.
- royal bobcat Providence’s Atwells Avenue hosts Bert & Hurley for live music. The festivities begin at 4:00 pm and continue until 2:00 am. A midnight toast includes a complimentary High Life pony. Please see here for the detail.
Live tunes and big parties with booze and food
- historic park theater in Cranston hosts a vintage Hollywood-style New Year’s Eve ball that encourages guests to wear costumes and outfits dating back to the 1920s and 1940s. Live music and entertainment by OG Pauly D and DJ Kabeza. Ticket prices range from $45 to $450 per ticket, depending on the size of each group. Click here for details and tickets.
- needle and thread Peck Street in Providence hosts a special New Year’s celebration from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. with exposed brick walls and cozy red leather chairs.
- Next to Needle and Thread, red door hosts the DJ Sweatshop Reunion, which runs from 10am to around 1am. Please see here for the detail.
- Twelve 21 Restaurant & Lounge Inn Providence hosts a 5-course dinner party with a DJ by Chef Jason Amott. A $100 ticket includes admission, food, and a bottle of wine. Click here for details and tickets.
- salon Yoonorlan, DJ Jackie, and more performers in downtown Providence starting at 9 p.m. Tickets for him are $10 each. Click here for details.
- of Providence GPub From 9:00pm to 2:00am, we will have a “Party in the Pub”. All partygoers will receive a complimentary glass of champagne, DJ Justin Dupont will perform, and guests will have a chance to win prizes such as boomboxes, paddleboards and other items. Special a la carte menus and tables are available until 11pm. Click here for details and reservations.
- Finn’s Harborside The first-ever Ball Drop Party will be held at , East Greenwich, starting at 8pm. There will be live music from Sabrina & The Tramps, heavy hors d’oeuvres will be spinning, and guests will receive complimentary champagne for a midnight toast. . Please see here for the detail.
visit Food & Drink in Rhode Island for many. Because everyone eats!
Alexa Gagosz can be reached at email@example.com. follow her on her twitter @alexagagosz and on Instagram @AlexaGagosz.