Charlotte Douglas International Airport is one of The world’s busiest airport.
Important reasons: As Passenger transportation From Concourse A to Concourse E, more and more people are looking for eateries.
What’s next: Six new spots are opening at the airport, Bob Boorom, HMSHost’s vice president of operations, told Axios. HMSHost operates many of the eateries in the airport. Seafood and barbecue options will be offered at nearby additions Waterman and Midwood Smokehouse.
Take a look around:
Noda Shuzo Co., Ltd. is a Charlotte institution, and you can’t go wrong with enjoying a beer and snack here. Located near Gate A29. You can also buy cans to take home here.
- There are flatbreads and tacos to match the beer and spirits menu. NoDa serves your favorite draft beers such as Hop, Drop and Roll (7.2% ABV IPA) and Jam Session (5.1% ABV Pale Ale).
broken spokeCharlotte’s Original, sitting near Gate A21A cocktail bar on wheels can be moved to Concourse A North when construction is complete in 2024. Also included is a new sign that reflects the name used at the NoDa and Waxhaw brothers locations: Great Wagon Road Distilling Co.
- Try the grapefruit mule. Watch as the bartender slaps a rosemary garnish to awaken the herbal oil.
Further details: Great Wagon Road Distilling Co. Expands to Waxhoe
summer house It was the first new space HMSHost opened in Charlotte after the pandemic began. There is a sit-down restaurant and bar, as well as a takeout market near Gates B5-6.
- From fish tacos to a California-inspired wine list, we offer a menu inspired by California.
Bonus: All Summer House breads are made by Charlotte’s Sunflour Baking Company.
Chicago-based Beatrix Market Open mid-January Near C8 GateGrab and go spots have plenty of healthy options, but don’t forget to try the giant chocolate chip cookie.
common spaceLocated near The Plaza, it doubles as a coffee shop by day and a bar by night, where you can enjoy your morning coffee or espresso martini depending on the time of your flight.
Bonus: They offer Counter Culture Coffee, a Durham-based coffee roaster.
evil weedis an Asheville-based brewery that opened at the airport in 2019 and is located at The Plaza on Concourse D.
Bonus: You can order from the adjacent Shake Shack from Wicked Weed’s bar.
Sycamore Brewing Open in Concourse E November last year.you will find it nearby Gate E36-45.
- The vibrant, bright space makes you feel like you’re not at the airport. Order a Mountain Candy beer. A fruit flavored IPA with an alcohol content of 7.5%. According to Sycamore’s Head of Sales Nicole Kahn, this is Sycamore’s No. 1 selling beer.
- They also serve everything from breakfast dishes like farmer’s skillet to entrees like chicken and grits and pork ribs with polenta.
whiskey river, NASCAR legend Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s sit-down restaurant is located in the rotunda before heading to gates E20-50 or E10-19.
- Live music and dishes like dirty tots, pork nachos, quesadillas, tequila barbecue wings, and lowcountry burgers.
1897 Market is an exclusive service from HMSHost that will get you seated right away. We offer a variety of dishes including pizza, shrimp and grits, BLT omelettes, falafel salads, and impossible burgers.
Further details: Get ready for your next flight with our airport guide.