(Southern Colorado) — FOX21 News has gathered these hot drink recipes to keep you warm as a ferocious, frigid Arctic blast is about to blow.
1. Red Wine Hot Chocolate (from ImmEatThat)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks
Heat a saucepan over medium heat and stir in the milk and chocolate chips. Whisk constantly until the chocolate melts into the milk and you have a thick, creamy chocolate milk. Pour in red wine and heat until heated through. Pour into 2 mugs or 6-8 small glasses.
Author Kylie Mitchell recommends sipping this drink in a small glass as the drink is very strong.
2. Hot Dulce de Leche (Courtesy of Food Network)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
Heat milk and dulce de leche in a pan and whisk until foamy. Pour and sprinkle with ground cinnamon. (Add rum if desired.)
3. White Chocolate Chai (From Food Network)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces chopped white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon chai spice blend
Heat the ingredients in a pan and stir until warm. Serve with whipped cream and chai spice.
4. Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cider (from Recipe Level)
- 1 liter unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cups pure unsweetened orange juice
- 1 liter unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar (or other sweetener) (optional)
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
Place all ingredients in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker and stir. Cook until low or hot, at least 3 to 4 hours. Low or warm settings keep you as warm as you need. Author Ashley Fehr says leftovers are great when refrigerated and are fine to reheat.
5. Burnt Honey Gingerbread Latte (from National Honey Board)
- 3rd floor Oz. Baked honey syrup (recipe here)
- 2 oz. (double shot) espresso
- whole milk as needed
- As a garnish of whipped cream
- Like a garnish gingerbread cookie crumble
Mix burnt honey syrup and espresso in the bottom of a glass mug. Top with steamed milk. Follow the whipped cream and gingerbread cookie crumble.
Stay warm during the holidays with that special someone or the whole family with these hot drinks.